Saturday, August 7, 2010

Workin' on the Walls

The sheet rock guy, Cirino, has different crews for hanging the sheet rock, taping and floating, and texturing. Four guys came July 19 and hung all the sheet rock in one day! Wow!

July 22-24: Jose and Doro are the tape and float crew. It took them 3 days and they are masters at what they do! They were also very nice and smiley. The girls and I liked them alot. It is cool to watch Doro walk around on stilts!


July 23: Matt spends several hours installing security sensors in all the windows and doors. It's hot work!

July 25: Matt, Sarina and I spend a few hours stuffing yellow paper into all the electrical outlets on the walls and in the ceiling. We don't want the texture to get sprayed inside. Prolly even comes in the house to lay on the cool cement floor.



July 26: Cirino's last crew comes in to texture. I chose medium knock-off texture for everything. It looks great!


July 29: Tran takes Matt and I to Houston to pick out tile and granite. He is a very unique builder in that he gives us his contractor price on most things and doesn't add any cost to the materials. We choose laminate flooring for most of the house; slate for the kitchen, master bathroom, and utility room; and tile for the kids' bathroom floor and for the tub/shower walls. We buy our sinks and granite called Golden Peacock.

That night I cried. I am absolutely overwhelmed by all the upgrades! I kept telling Matt, "I don't know how to feel about all this stuff we're buying. We're linoleum people! What am I supposed to do with slate and tile?"

I have to remind myself that God has opened the doors to make this house possible. I must stay focused on Him. I must praise Him, even while it stresses me to make so many decisions about the new house.

The next day, I saw my fashion consultant--my sister Kamala. She helped me work through some color and tile issues and rediscover the excitement in building something new. It is an awesome project with an awesome husband. Thank you, God, for this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment