Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Firm Foundation




April 8 The girls and I watch Gulf Coast Ready Mix deliver 15 concrete trucks of cement! Olguin's men show up at 6:25 a.m. to prepare for their arrival. The first truck rolls in around 7:15. The girls and I scurry through the house to throw on clothes and boots and hurry out to watch the show!

It's a cool, windy day. The girls wrap up with blankets and pillows on a bench. The workers start a fire for warmth. I serve a pot of fresh coffee to them when there is a lull between trucks. By 10:30 all the trucks have gone and the foundation is smoothed out. Most of the workers head to another job. Four workers spend the rest of the day putting the final touches on our pad. Olguin himself helps to finish up. I tell him it looks good and ask him to take a picture with me and the girls. He does! They finish up and leave about 4:30.

1 comment:

  1. It's a blessing to see how you're ministering to the workers.

    ReplyDelete